I went to the gym today for the first time in FOREVER! It felt great. I just wish I didn't feel so damned self conscious while I was there. I hate it. I've always felt so dumb when I am there. Its so frustrating. i wish I could go and work out and sincerely not care what people think. It would be glorious.
Moving on.... :D It felt awesome though. I am doing a trial there to see how it is before I commit to one. I am going to try LA Fitness too, but Sound Body Fitness is just more convenient for me since it is near by.
I came up with this theory tonight while I was thinking about the gym and the new health care bill that just passed (simultaneously I might add. haha!): I think that Health Insurance Companies should cover physical fitness as well(gym memberships). It could be classified under preventative care. Think about it. Obesity is now considered a disease, and along with obesity, there are many health issues that come up that don't when you are at an appropriate weight for your body. For example: diabetes. It often hits those who are over weight, and yet, if the obesity caused it, it could be prevented, correct? Instead of possibly spending thousands a month on prescription drug costs, why not spend maybe a Thousand on gym memberships per year or two to help prevent this from happening? It would work the same as going to a physical therapist or doctor, just provide your insurance information, and 'Voila! Preventative care. You don't go, that's your fault, but it makes total sense to me. It would be covered the same, you'd pay your insurance and what ever "co-pay" they come up with but that could be the month to month cost while they pay pay the "start ups". Lets lobby it. Who's with me!! :D
Well, that was my thought for the day.
Have a wonderful night, sleep tight and remember to kiss the ones you love.
that is such a great idea! gyms can be so expensive. i'm glad things are going well for you. stick with it! you are inspiring me to be more active
ReplyDelete