Its almost 2AM and I am so over this not being able to sleep thing. Even when I am exhausted, I find my self awake doing absolutely nothing but reading or thinking or just random things.
It's silly how ever since the Grammys, everyone is raving about P!nks song "Glitter in the Air", but it's one of her best songs. I cried when I first heard it on the album. It is such a beautiful song. It always makes me think back to when my hubby and I first met, and that gentle glow of a new relationship. You can get so caught up in life and forget how important that tenderness is.
It's Valentines week and I find myself thinking how long Brian and I have been together. Not very long, 2 1/2 years, married 1 year and 2 months. It seems like an eternity though some days, in both good and bad ways, haha! We really have been through the test and so far, we've passed. Not to say that it has been easy; there are a some days when I wanna dunk his head in the toilet and flush a few times. :D But for the most part, I have no idea what I would do with out him. He is my best friend, my lover and my rock. We even each other out pretty well, we are opposites in JUST the right places. And our personalities and sense of humor are "spot on", haha! Some times I forget to be grateful that God gave me such a gift; I get so used to complaining about life, I forget to look at what I have. God truly blessed me with an amazing man. He puts up with me and I couldn't have asked for a more loving father for my daughter. He may not always know the perfect words to say, but his heart is alway in everything he does for me, and I know, no one would ever love me better. I know how completely corny that is, but I don't care, Its just how I feel! :D
Someone I know lost their spouse last year in the war over seas, and I can't imagine if I were in that persons shoes. One minute, you feel like you have everything, and the next, one of the most important people in your life is ripped away from you. It reminds you how precious and fragile life is. How quickly it can be taken away. You can be 85 years old or 25, it doesnt matter when your number is up, it just will come one day.
One of my favorite quotes is "Life is not a Dress Rehearsal". And that is so true. Dont spend your life saying someday...... but say TODAY!!! "You never know whats comin for ya."-the curious case of benjamin button. Live your life to the fullest and never regret having regrets. You wouldn't be who you are today if you didnt have to learn some tough lessons along the way. You have to have your heart broken to know what love truly is.
So this week, whether you are in a relationship or not, find the people who you care for most in this world, and make sure you tell them how much they mean to you.
That's all for now. Good night! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment