6.09.2010

Plastic surgery and all the things I hate about myself

Don't worry, this isn't a negative post. I just happened to watch a lot of trashy TV (E! network) today because I wasn't feeling well and ended up laying on the floor or couch, not moving much. This post is entirely vain, so if you are offended by it, remember, its my body, not yours. But please feel free to comment your thoughts on cosmetic surgeries at the end.

The topic of today: physical perceptions.

Here is my perception on the whole plastic surgery bit. I am for it. Yeah, I came out looking how God intended me to, but I have screwed it up a bit along the way. SO here are a few things I would have done and why.

1. My boobs: I have HUGE boobs. Even when I was a size 5/6, they were borderline small D's big C's. I want a reduction, lift and augmentation. You would be surprised at how how life is with big boobs. My shoulders hurt, I get tension migraines ALL THE TIME, my back aches and buying bra's? Forget about it. Not to mention exercising is a BITCH. I wear 2 bras usually, one sports bra and an under-wire one under that, plus I usually wear 2 tanks with built in bra's on top just for good measure. Those suckers ain't goin anywhere. I am still trying to figure out how to get a Dr to sign off on it so my insurance will pay for it........ (Any tips???)

2. My teeth: I have bad teeth. They have no enamel, and no immune system, so they are incredibly susceptible to infections, rotting and cavities. Also, I still have 6 baby teeth.... there were no adults behind them. Let me assure you: I take and have always taken good care of my teeth. I brush 2x a day, maybe don't floss enough, but I take good care other than that. SO, I want new teeth. The whole mouth, just rip 'em out and give me new ones. BUT, implants cost $3000 a tooth and NO insurance covers more than 1/4 of that cost......

3. My bottom 2-3 ribs. This one is entirely vain. My bottom ribs stick out at least an inch from being pregnant with my daughter. I know that this is completely natural, but when I loose the weight I want to lose, that inch will be noticeable, and I want it gone.

4. Tummy tuck and a little lipo around my hips and inside of my thighs: This again is completely vain. I have always wanted my thighs to NOT touch. But I am slightly knock-kneed and have THICK thighs..... I have always had them touch, and it drives me absolutely BONKERS! Not to mention that the inside of ALL my pants wear out in just a few months because of it. I don't know how many jeans I have that are crotchless...... I have always had boxy hips that are just a fine layer of fat that settled into my "muffin top" area, and no matter how fit I've ever been, its always there. The tummy tuck part is of course, due to being preggo with my baby girl. Another vain thing, but I noticed that even though it looks like a roll of fat when I sit down or bend over, it is really just a large bit of skin that is no longer attached to my muscle wall. I know that a LOT of sit ups, yoga and Pilate's will minimize this, but it will always be there. I want it gone.


I find it interesting that on this list of things I want to fix, my nose doesn't even rate.

When I was in grade school, my nose was the bane of my existence. I hated it. Then in 7th grade I saw a picture of myself from the side and all I saw was NOSE!! I spent the rest of middle school sitting at my desk, covering my nose so no one would stare at how HUGE and Jewish it looked, (I am part Jewish, no racism is meant by that comment). I swore for the next 5 years that I would get rich some day and the first thing I would do was get a nose job. OR, I would get signed and the record company would give me a make over that included minimizing my nose.... ridiculous, I know. Now, however, I like my nose. I grew into it. I actually like my face a lot and there is nothing that I would do to change it, nothing a little makeup can't take care of anyhow, (I like to "adjust" the shape and size of my lips on occasion.... haha!)

I think cosmetic surgery is just fine, in moderation. And frankly, the two on my list that are incredibly vain, I could probably fix on my own, I just haven't yet. I am working on losing it, and improving my body image for MYSELF, and no one else. The first two are more of health concerns though they do have their vain bits to them (better smile, smaller and more manageable cleavage....). I think that my quality of personal health and life would change if I had these things done, for me.

So, What is your opinion on plastic surgery? What would you change about yourself and why?

2 comments:

  1. i am totally with you on the boob work. i've also always had bigger boobs, and now that i'm a fatty they are out of control - 38Gish. sometimes H.

    my upper back/neck ALWAYS aches, and the only comfortable excerise is in a pool. they get in the way constantly, even when i'm trying to sleep. so yeah, take 'em. i don't want 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am slightly knock-kneed as well, but they've called at an 'inverted stance' or something. It's so annoying to have to be extra careful during activities that put pressure on your knees, since it makes you more at risk for MCL tears (which I had.) They actually have surgery to fix this, but I think they'll only do it when you're younger and it's sort of intense. I've luckily never had the pants wearing out thing, but I'm not sure why.

    ReplyDelete