As of 3:11am, my daughter will be 11 months old.
I spent all weekend long revisiting the day I went into labour, giving birth and many other moments through out my pregnancy. As I remember these once in a lifetime moments in my life, I felt that I should share these with everyone.
THE:
two tests I took before I realized it was real.....
hearing her heart beat for the first time. It sounded like a metal "thunder" board.
first time I felt that "flutter", and realized that it wasn't a muscle spasm.
first time I smelled something that made me want to barf.... pork baby back ribs....and enjoyed it.
trying to squeeze into my "fat jeans" only to happily realize, I needed to purchase maternity pants.
seeing and feeling her move while watching the ultrasound.
19 week and 4 day ultrasound that told us "ITS A GIRL!!!"
watching Brian jumping off the chair, punching the air and yelling "YES!!!"
first stretch mark.
round belly that I couldn't keep my hands off of.
seeing a little foot, hand and elbow pushing out of my side.
little fingers or toes in my ribs at any time during the day or night.
HEARTBURN!!
Sciatica so bad I would lose strength in my legs to stand.
birth class...... it was.... interesting to say the least...... oh those two idiots........ and the ones of questionable age.....
wanting and almost making of chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies at 3am... then......
rush I felt at 5am, thinking I peed myself.
laughing at Brian when he handed me a washcloth to soak up the amniotic fluid..........
humor of watching Brian running around the house trying to repack my bag.
him yelling "Why are you so calm?" then looking at the dog, "Why are you just sitting there??"
calling the labour and delivery ward, asking to take a shower and them laughing at me.
22 hours of labour
hearing Brian say that he was getting a promotion at work.
dose of Nubain that felt like 3 glasses of wine with out the neurological side affects.... it was amazing.
being so happy that I would be delivering with the OB I had been seeing since she was on call.
hating and then LOVING my final delivery nurse cause she wasn't as cheerful as the rest.
sudden rush of "Alright, lets start." at 230am on July 7th.
45 minutes of pushing before they laid the most beautiful baby girl on my chest.
hearing her cry for the first time.
crying because it was the happiest moment in my life.
kissing my husband, who was so supportive, and so tender to me during the whole process.
There is nothing in the world like the first few moments after you have given birth. Those are moments you will cherish for the rest of your life. Even now, I am almost brought to tears thinking about that day.
In one month, my daughter, the love of my life, will be one year old. I am in awe. I am sad. I am scared. I am breathless. I am in love.
She is beautiful and growing so quickly. I don't want to miss one moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment