I woke up feeling rather grateful this morning. I went to bed at a semi decent hour last night, and my child slept through the night and slept in till 9 am.
And then the phone began ringing. First was from my oldest sister, needing me to send her battery charger which had been left at my daughters first birthday party at the beginning of July. Then I made a quick phone call to my husband, asking if he had yet sent the birth certificate and enrollment forms to our health insurance for our daughter. (I got the usual answer from him, "I was planning on doing it tonight." I guarantee that in 2 days time, I will ask, and it will still not be done.)
While I was on the phone with him, I someone phoned in. Unsure who it was, I hung up from Brian and answered it. It was my general practitioners office, calling to see if I had any scheduling conflicts in the next 2 weeks because they were scheduling me with an infectious specialist to get me in as soon as possible.
Now, if you are a consistent peruser of this blog, you will remember that I was in the hospital for 3 days due to a severe case of Cellulitus, a skin infection that I contracted from a bug bite or something of the sort on my right breast in the end of June, beginning of July. I have still been what I thought until 2 weeks ago, recovering. I was still in some pain, however, I figured it was normal. I mean, an infection DID ravage my breast, there was bound to be some latent pain, right? While in Kalama visiting with some of my favorite people, I went to shower and noticed a severe deformity on my breast. It was as if the skin and tissue of my breast was being pulled inward on the side. Considering it was a region where some of my pain was stemming from, I was naturally concerned. However, I had an appointment with my doctor the following Monday, and while explaining the issue, and that I was still in a considerable amount of pain, he said he believed it was just draining, and gave me another prescription for antibiotics, and an order for 3 labs to be taken; a white blood cell count, chest x-ray, and a lymititer, which is a test for Lyme's disease.
Yesterday I had another appointment to discuss my results with him and check on any progress I had made. I felt I had not made any improvement, and told him such, and while I was throwing the questions out, also asked him, if it were just draining, would I still be in such pain? He looked at me quizzically and said, "Well, no." Ugh! I, not so politely asked him to just chop off my breasts. He laughed and said we could discuss that at a later date. :D
So the results of my chest x-ray and blood count, came back just normal and fine. However my Lymititer came back equivocal, meaning, they couldn't tell whether or not I had it. So I scheduled another appointment and am to return back in 2 weeks and get another run of blood work, Lymititer, and chest x-ray.
Then I received this call from my nurse. Apparently, he decided it would be prudent for me to see an infections specialist. So now I have another barrage of tests I will have to take in order to figure out what the hell is wrong with my boob.
I would be lying if I said I was fine and chill about the whole situation, an honestly, yesterday I was, but now I am quaking on the inside. I mean, its a bit nerve wracking. Thinking you are fine, and then hearing your doctor think that you may not be so. Frankly it does not help that I am in more pain today than I have been for a week or so.
Well, enough complaining for today!
No comments:
Post a Comment